Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Feathers of and Eagle and Claws of a Bird

God gave me about six different opportunities today to respond humbly to the particular circumstances of my day and I failed miserably at every one.... well maybe not every one.... well, yes, every one.  Interestingly enough, I read a whole chapter this morning about "living humbly" in a book I have been reading on gratefulness.  It was like God said, "Now let's practice"  as I stepped foot out the door.


"So if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don't fall!"  (1 Corinthians 10:12)


We read a story in class today about that C-R-A-Z-Y King Nebuchadnezzar.  He thought quite highly of himself, prancing around on the roof of his palace admiring his work.  (It's a great Bedtime Bible Story... Daniel 4:28-37.)  I'm glad God has not dealt with me as He dealt with Ol' King Nebuchadnezzar. 



"He was driven away from people and ate grass like cattle.  His body was drenched with the dew of heaven until his hair grew like the feathers of an eagle and his nails like the claws of a bird."  Daniel 4:33


Ugh.  Can you imagine?  Not a fun way to learn a lesson. 


I'd like to think that I have learned from my failure and do not need any more opportunities.  But I know that is not how my Heavenly Father works.  So, I am sure He will give this stinkin' prideful girl another chance.  Probably alot more chances to learn the discipline of responding with a heart of humility.

"Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is thy faithfulness."  (Lamentations 3:22-23) 

No comments:

Post a Comment