Monday, November 28, 2011

When the Story Doesn't Make Sense

God did not give us the big thing we have been praying for.  He just gave us this teeny tiny thing that is "not that big of a deal" in my book.  I have been praying about the big thing for a while now, and have really mentioned nothing to Him about the little thing.  The little thing is not going to make much difference.  I must confess, I was a little disheartened.  Actually, I was alot disheartened.  In MY STORY this is not how it was suppose to read.  It just doesn't make sense.
I was reading one of my favorite read alouds to my third graders today.... Jotham's Journey.  This story reminded me of something.  Imagine how frustrated Joseph must have felt to know that he and his pregnant wife (excuse me...fiance) had to travel  home for the census.  I don't know for sure, but I am guessing that Joseph might have wondered why God chose to allow a census at such a difficult time.  He might have even thought, "God, why would you want the mother of your son to make this long hard journey at such a time as this?  It just doesn't make sense." 

And since I have read the scriptures, I know that it had been prophesied that Jesus would be born in the lowly town of Bethlehem. God was playing out HIS STORY just as He intended...even if it didn't make sense to those involved.  And since I have read the scriptures, I also know that HIS STORY has a beautiful ending.

Since I am His and He is writing my story...
I am guessing that mine has a beautiful ending too.

Jeremiah 29:11









No comments:

Post a Comment