Monday, November 21, 2011

Uncle John

The first time I ever met him.... Andy took me down to the gulf where he and Aunt Betsy were staying for the month.  We were treated to a vacation at the beach with them.  I was his nephew's girlfriend at the time.  He made me feel welcomed and loved.  We went dancing at the local "Beach Hop" and he and Aunt Betsy could sure dance a jig.  

This summer we all joined together for our "every few years or so" family reunion.  He and Aunt Betsy made the long trip from Cincinnati.  It was the 4th of July and my eyes filled up with tears as he proudly stood in the church service as they played his Navy Anthem.  We had sweet fellowship.  It was the last time we got to see him.  Yesterday, he went HOME to sing with the angels.  

I will miss his gentle soul.  I am so glad I got to know him.  I will always remember his voice.  He was wise and kind and good.  

Happy Thanksgiving Uncle John!  I am thankful for you. 





No comments:

Post a Comment