Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Working for Him


This is what my children do when they unload the dishwasher. They put the plastic stuff in the "drainer" to drain.... so they don't have to dry it. They assure me they are coming back to put it away when it's dry. This rarely happens.

Tonight, while Caroline was unloading...

Me: Caroline, you are going to have to dry that stuff because I need the "drainer" cleared out.

Caroline: I am NOT doing that. There is just too much. I don't feel like it.

Me: Well, I am NOT cooking your dinner. It's just too much. I don't feel like it.


She halfway laughed and started drying the plastic stuff. And our little "moment" in the kitchen made me think about a lesson I just learned today from a book I have been reading. Funny how God does that.

"When service is unto people, the bones grow weary, the frustration deep. But when Christ is the center, when dishes, laundry, work, is my song of thanks to Him... JOY reigns."

Maybe if I learn to sing this song of thanks to Him, my darling children will too.




3 comments:

  1. So true!! I need this reminder today as well! Thanks, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you gave me the link to your post....what a God thing that he spoke so clearly to us from the same chapter of the same book!

    He is good like that.

    ReplyDelete