Thursday, May 19, 2011

The End


One of the greatest privileges of being a teacher is reading aloud to my students. I LOVE to gather them together on the floor and share a favorite story. More often than not, when I begin to share a book with them, I say:

"THIS is my FAVORITE book...ever!"

To which the class replies:

"Mrs. Lamb, you say that EVERY time!"

Today we finished this great classic. I cried. I always cry. If you've never read it, it's a must...go get it today! It is a precious story of the innocence of children, of repentance and forgiveness.

Speaking of the innocence of children, I am about to have to give up this bunch for the summer... forever. On June 7th, they will leave me. They will pack up their belongings and walk out of my classroom. It's not fair. It's not fair that they give me everyday of their little lives for 9 months, and then they just leave...

...and I will cry. I always cry.


3 comments:

  1. Now I am crying!!! You will be greatly missed. ;0(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am crying too! Thank you for loving each little personality and teaching them so many life lessons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one of our favorite books too...such a great story with the salvation message weaved in just perfectly!

    ReplyDelete