Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day Memories

We usually make a Flag Cake for the Fourth every year. Today we decided to celebrate our soldiers with this smaller version. I've never used the tiny round "shortcakes." Aren't they cute!


My sweet friend, Jennifer, is just days away from kissing her husband goodbye as he goes to serve our country in Iraq for 6 months. Jennifer and I have history. She introduced me to Andy and was a precious part of my days when we were both single, teaching, and living in Atlanta...just out of college. She held my bouquet when I said, "I do!" We've made many memories together. I know these next several months will be tough as she cares for her 4 munchkins on her own without daddy. They live in San Antonio. You can pray for them if you think about it. I know she'd appreciate it.

Happy Memorial Day!

1 comment:

  1. Your cake and treats are perfect for Memorial Day. I think I'll try the cake for the 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete