Monday, July 11, 2011

The Hard Stuff


It's hard to be thankful for the hard stuff. Throughout my walk with Him, I have definitely experienced the hard stuff. It keeps me running to Him, trusting Him, falling on my face before Him, longing for Him. The hard stuff is truly what builds my faith in Him.

In James, He tells me to "consider it PURE JOY whenever I face trials." Wow. Pure Joy? I still don't really get that....but I am learning. I am learning how to give thanks for the hard stuff.

#277 waking with a stuffy nose

#278 funds that are not available

#279 the unknown

#280 giving up my desire/right that You should provide the easy way

#281 the crossroads, the ancient paths, the good way, rest for my soul (Jeremiah 6:16)

#282 employees who don't show...a poor start to my husband's day

#283 1 1/2 hour drive to a swim meet that didn't happen....1 1/2 hour drive home

#284 tiny ants in the kitchen that won't go away

#285 headaches that linger

#286 Children who sing at the top of their lungs three rooms away while I have a headache that lingers

Maybe giving thanks for the hard stuff is part of the secret that Paul is talking about. (Phil. 4:12) I am beginning to see how thanks in ALL things does bring contentment...and for that I am SO thankful.


1 comment:

  1. It sure is hard to give thanks in EVERYthing, isn't it? I can't say that I'm very good at that, but focusing on gratitude sure does make one remember to be more thankful. Those are great verses you've shared here.

    ReplyDelete