Thursday, June 23, 2011

Living Abundantly

Woke to the rain still falling.

Spent half the day on the couch with a stack of school supply catalogs ordering supplies for the next school year.....with one of my favorite people....Mary! We were even delivered "cheesy eggs" made with love by those sweet Lamb sisters and a never-ending hot cup of coffee....ahhhh.


....and Wimbledon on the tube.

Finally got a walk in at the Y while my girls had swim practice and enjoyed some fabulous conversation and laughter with my sweet friend Nan..... and Mary showed up again halfway through! She is turning up everywhere today! We were a trio of laughter and sharing and joy as we circled the track I don't know how many times.

Came home to throw dinner in the oven. It is one of our favorite recipes, King Ranch Casserole. I made it with corn tortillas this time and it was oh so scrumptious! We ate every bite. Following dinner I surprised the girls with their favorite flavors of ice cream. (Buy one get one free this week at Publix!)


The girls and I curled up on the couch and read the entire American Girl magazine that came today in the mail. The "Fun in the Sun" section was just absolutely delightful and I can't wait to try out every idea! God sure knew what He was doing when He gave me girls!

Thankful for His reminders today that it is the simple things that make life abundant!

No comments:

Post a Comment