Saturday, June 29, 2013

Summertime Sleepover


This was Caroline's first and Rebecca's last annual Jr High Girls' Summer Sleepover.  Somehow I've earned the title of "Craft Mom" for the event.  I am thinking about passing the title on.  I came up with the craft about 2 hours before the event.  


 I'm only there for about an hour and then it's off for a date night with the hubs.  But that little hour is sweet and it's fun to hear these girls thoughts and ideas.... they make me laugh.  Such delightful young ladies.


 After I left, they went on to take a night hike, roast marshmallows, dance and play games.  The morning brought a scrumptious French Toast Casserole (by Chef Layne) and some skeet shooting with Mr. Hall.


 Martha is the sweetest of hosts and enjoys sharing her home with these girls each year....and for many Jr High events.


 On the way home after I picked the girls up, they both shared how the best part of the night was when Rossana shared about loving others and investing in others lives even if they are not the same as you. 

 Her words were meaningful and took root.  



 I am so thankful for Rossana and Layne and Mr. and Mrs. Hall and all the those who take their valuable time to invest in these kids lives....


 ...and find great joy in it.


These are the memories that last a lifetime.


 And this is the season of their lives...


 ...when the truths take root and go deep.



 Grateful.





No comments:

Post a Comment