Sunday, January 1, 2012

A New Year

For last year's words belong to last year's language and next year's words await another voice.  
And to make an end is to make a beginning.  T.S. Eliot



I must admit I say goodbye to 2011 with mixed emotions.  It was a year full of so much GROWTH.  But with growth, comes pruning.  Or better said, pruning produces growth.  God chose to do some significant pruning.  He got rid of some "old stuff"... stuff I was clinging to.... stuff that felt safe.  And He showed me, in a very real and tangible way, that HE is indeed enough.  A difficult, but amazing lesson to learn.  I hope it sticks.  
It is not really fun learning it.

 I decided to pick a WORD for 2012.  

"New"

I am looking forward to all the "new" that this year holds.  

 "Behold the former things have come to pass, now I declare NEW things!"  Isaiah 42:9

Happy NEW Year, Everyone!










1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your sweet comments over at "my place." And may your 2012 be full of newness. New hope, new blessing, new healing. Happy 2012, kind friend!

    ReplyDelete