Monday, January 2, 2012

A Belated Birthday Treat

He insisted on it....breakfast in bed.  I woke to the smell of my favorite "Christmas Coffee".... amazed that he really got up before me on his day off and it wasn't because he was going hunting.  I propped up in the bed and turned on the Today Show.... a luxury.  The meal came in mini-courses.  First arrived the piping hot coffee in my current favorite mug with an apple pastry toasted in the oven.  As I snuggled back down under the covers and enjoyed the "New Year Resolutions" the Today Show felt necessary to share, my sweet husband arrived with yet another tasty treat.... maple sausage links (and not the kind you heat up in the microwave.)  I savored every bite of three of those yummies.   I finished my scrumptious feast with scrambled eggs made just the way I like them with only salt and pepper.  He knows.  

And he cleaned up the kitchen.








No comments:

Post a Comment