Sunday, April 10, 2011

Hand Picked Bridal Shower

It's always a fun time planning parties with my dear friend, Bebe, and this one was a favorite for sure! We decided on a strawberry theme for our "Stock the Pantry" shower for the beautiful Bride to Be, Mary Beth. We served brunch, including fresh bread and homemade strawberry jam. We called our local berry farm and got a sneak peak into the patch for an early season pick! Everyone enjoyed fresh strawberries too! The strawberry cupcakes with a "basket weave" buttercream icing were divine courtesy of Mrs. Rona Kirby. Our hostess gift was a strawberry pot planted with fresh herbs. All of our guests went home with their own little jar of strawberry jam. I don't know who had more fun, the bride or the hostesses! Feel free to take this idea and run with it for your next bridal shower!


5 comments:

  1. Do you know how badly this makes me wanna live in Anderson so I can play with you and Bebe? Of course, I'd drive y'all crazy with my procrastination, but Bebe has gotten great at "loving me in spite of" :).

    Darling, absolutely everything. You definitely have a gift. THIS is ministry!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a great day...except for me breaking half the plates afterwards! Love you sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. a very fun shower! ..and excited about my strawberry jam :) love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a creative and fun idea. Love it!

    ReplyDelete