Tuesday, April 26, 2011

C**P!

One of my New Year's Resolutions/Prayers for 2011 is that I would work on having "self-control" when life gets a little bit "out of control."

Well, today I failed miserably at that.

Yesterday, my allergies flared up and I was feeling rather puny and longing for the couch. After driving everyone everywhere all afternoon, picking up this and that here there and yonder, feeding my family and cleaning up the kitchen, I finally collapsed on the couch at 8:00.....watched, YET ANOTHER, special on Will and Kate, and hit the bed at 9:30ish.

Today, after teaching the "crickets" all day long, I came home and decided to tackle the laundry....

....and this is what I found when I entered the laundry room:I LOST IT!

I started ranting and raving. My girls came from the back of the house.

Rebecca: "Mom, calm down. Mom, you are a little bit out of control. Mom, I can't believe you just said crap."

Caroline: "Did you just say, 'Crap'?"

Rebecca: "Yes. She just said, 'Crap'."

Caroline: "Wow. I don't think I've ever heard you say 'Crap' before, Mom."

Me: "Well, I could have chosen another word. Is this what happens.... y'all go camping and Momma gets to wash all the 'crap'?"

(Daddy and the girls went camping Friday night, Easter happened, and then the allergies attacked on Monday, so this was my first visit to the laundry room since they returned home.)

The girls quickly started helping me sort clothes. We left, shortly after, for swim team practice and I got a nice long walk at the Y and a nice long talk with my Father. Then this song came piping through my headphones. I was reminded that "in spite of it all, His love always stays the same."

I'm so thankful Easter happened.

Hallelujah!




1 comment:

  1. Funny---We were in Wal-Mart just this evening looking at bikes. We had moved on to look at bike helmets. Callie lost interest, and started looking at the board games on the back wall. She laughed outloud and said "Mamma look....and I won't even say that outloud." It was called Fact or C**P.

    ReplyDelete