Thursday, May 30, 2013

Afternoon Plans

 Photo: It wasn't exactly how we both had planned to spend our afternoon, but we did get a nice visit out if it and I am glad I was available to pull his trailer:)  #truckproblems




Of course I was itching to sew.  I had a plan.  It was going to be an afternoon curled up with the sewing machine.  I was counting down the minutes.

Then I got a call.  

"Hey.  Can you come help me.  My truck won't start."

"Sure!  I'm on my way."

I found him in a shady spot in a neighborhood up the road.  I pulled up.  With our vehicles nose to nose, he tried to jump it off.  No luck.  He called our mechanic and sent me for an additional set of jumper cables.

We tried again.  No luck.  He called a tow truck.

We sat in my air conditioned vehicle and waited...together.  It was an unexpected afternoon of conversation... sort of a "Waiting on the Tow Truck" date.

When I finally got home, the girls had cleaned the bathrooms, dusted, and finished up all the clothes... even folded and put away.

Grateful for:

 the privilege of being a helpmate.
that the "break down" happened on a day when I am out of school for the summer and available to help.
how he responded to the huge interuuption in his day and schedule.
an unexpected afternoon of conversation with the one I most like to be with.
nice tow truck people.
shady spot.
children delighted to serve.
clean bathrooms.

Praying for:
an inexpensive fix:)

 You may make your plans, but God directs your actions.  Proverbs 16:9 
(Good News Translation)

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment