Monday, October 31, 2011

Peace in the Scary

We've had vampires at our door tonight.  Frankenstein came and a couple of witches.  There was one cute little pink poodle!  And then I found these two phantom chicks on my front porch.  

It has been a pretty FRIGHTFUL night!

I'm really not a big fan of "scary".  In fact, those of you who know me well, know that I have some pretty ridiculous fear issues.  Just ask my husband.  My mind can go crazy with it.  Can anyone relate?

I know God is Sovereign.  I know He is in control.  I also know that He does as He pleases... that He is God, and I am not.  And to be quite honest and vulnerable.... sometimes that's kind of scary.  Can I say that?

This year God is teaching me to trust Him in the scary.  That I CAN trust Him in the scary.  That He is with me in the scary. That He is Lord over the scary.  That the scary has come straight through His hand.  And, because of that, there is PEACE in the scary. 



No comments:

Post a Comment