Sunday, February 13, 2011

Two Points


Last Tuesday, when I was dropping her off for basketball practice, I wished her a happy practice and she said, "Thanks Mom! Pray for my lay-ups!"

Yesterday, while I was at a tea party and her daddy was shooting these:


she went to her basketball game without us. We've never missed a basketball game. She's never made a basket.... until yesterday, when she made two.

I scolded her when we all got home and said that she should not have been making her FIRST basket(s) on the day her daddy and I were not there. She said, "Momma, it's just as well. You know you would've cried and that would've embarrassed me."

Just a few minutes ago while I was making these in the kitchen:

I asked her to give me the "play by play" of how it happened. She proceeded to share her shots and how it all played out on the court...

"And then, momma, I heard Coach scream for me to set it up. I knew he might be mad, but I thought I would take my chances. I looked at the basket and I was about this far away. I threw it up, praying, and SWOOSH it went through the hoop."

Standing in my kitchen, my eyes filled up with tears. I guess maybe it was a good thing I wasn't there. I surely would have embarrassed her.

1 comment:

  1. I know just how you feel. Our oldest is playing basketball for his school this year for the first time. He has scored 15 points altogether, and we have missed EVERY one. We've been to almost every game, but they seem to happen in the minutes before I arrive or at away games. (Small private schools too far away for me to tote everyone to.) Anyway, I sympathize with you but am proud of Rebecca!
    miss yall - kelly hall

    ReplyDelete