Friday, February 25, 2011

Confession

Confession: The older I get, the more I dislike heights. Why is that? This past summer, at Cousins Camp, we took all the kids to Alabama Adventures just outside of Birmingham. First ride... the Ferris Wheel. We were the first crew on so they whisked us up to the top and then we had to sit there in our wiggly open-air car and wait for the rest of the bunch to board the ride. I thought I was going to die. Quite frankly, I looked over at my husband and I think he thought he was going to die too. I promised God, right then and there, that if He would get me off that thing I would NEVER get on a Ferris wheel again.

Tonight we ate dinner in the tree house. It still has no sides or railing and we have to climbed up on a ladder that is not permanently attached. Andy gave me the "look"... you know the "look" that says, "Don't let the girls know that you are afraid." At one point Caroline scooted back and I thought I was going to have heart failure. Children just add a whole new dynamic to our fear. I wouldn't have missed dinner on a Friday Night in our tree house for anything.... even a little fear. I know that "He will keep in perfect peace all those who trust in Him." (Is. 26:3) Perfect peace comes from a Perfect Protector.

No comments:

Post a Comment