Monday, June 4, 2012

Layers


This is what the LORD says: "Let not the wise man boast of his wisdom or the strong man boast of his strength or the rich man boast of his riches, but let him who boasts boast about this: that he understands and knows me, that I am the LORD, who exercises kindness, justice and righteousness on earth, for in these I delight," declares the LORD.  Jeremiah 9:23, 24


Today we made a cake...well Caroline made a cake (and I tried real hard not to take over and do it myself because I struggle with everything needing to be "just so"...even cakes.)
 

I was thinking about the character of God alot today.  I suppose if He created us to "feel" happiness and joy in these little moments of life, that He must also "feel" joy in the moment with me.  


It was one more way He let me KNOW HIM a little better.  
 

While making the frosting, we discovered we were going to need quite a bit more and there was no more butter, 
or cream cheese and such...so a trip to the store was inevitable.  
 

We changed out of our pj's and hopped in the car.  
 

On the way back home (while the girls laughed and sang) I had a "silent" conversation with God.  I "enlightened Him" on some current circumstances in our life...particularly our finances... reminding Him that, because we had paid a big insurance premium for the year this month, it was going to be quite difficult to meet the month's other expenses."


We came in and immediately got back to icing and decorating... and laughing.  The phone rang.  
It was our insurance agent.  
She said that they had finished our insurance audit and we were going to get 
a refund check in the mail in the next day or so.  


The refund was within dollars of the amount I had mentioned to God earlier in the car.
 

This life....layer upon layer...  


 ...is perfectly orchestrated by a perfect God!


He delights in EVERY single detail.  


 I'm just glad He lets me talk to Him about it....


 And celebrates all of it with me.


"How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them!  
Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand."  Psalm 139:17, 18

2 comments:

  1. Oh Alisa. So precious. The cake is beee-yooo-teee-ful, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a wonderful post!! thankful for His faithfulness...

    ReplyDelete