Thursday, March 8, 2012

Fancy Pasta and Cleavage

While daddy had a "Guys Night Out" at this fabulous event, the girls and I had a "Girls Night In" at home where we ate fancy pasta (meatless with artichokes, calamata olives, tomatoes, and feta cheese), made Reese's smores, and caught up on Idol (DVR'd from last week).

While watching, I got so tickled at Caroline's assesment of Steven Tyler's attire...


"Look!  He is wearing necklaces and earrings.  It's like he is trying to look pretty.  He should be trying to look handsome!"

She also had a real problem with one chick's dress....

"Momma, that is just not appropriate when you are in front of millions of people.  I like the bottom of it, but I do not like the top!" 

I know her ideas about dress might change in the years to come (I might have to remind her of her current convictions one day), but for now I am loving her eleven year old thoughts.  

My girls current fave is little miss Skylar.  Probably has something to do with the fact that she is a country girl,  from a small town, and she likes to hunt. 

I am a fan of Phillip Phillips.  (Caroline's comment..."Who names their kid that?")

It's always a treat hangin' out with my girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment