Friday, March 23, 2012

New Song


This is the view from my kitchen window as I brew my morning coffee.  Isn't it lovely.  I am so thankful God brings the Spring each year.  My "snowball bush" reminds me of His consistent faithfulness and great power.  Only a great and mighty God could burst forth those blooms!


This morning is a holiday for the girls and an "at home" work day for me.  Which means I get to stay in my pajamas to grade papers and fill out my report cards.... ahhhhh.  Andy even got his lunch made (by me!) for a change.  As he pulls out of the driveway for a FULL days work, I praise God for His provision.  



Morning by morning I wake up to find
The power and comfort of God's hand in mine
Season by season I watch Him, amazed
In awe of the mystery of His perfect ways
All I have need of, His hand will provide
He's always been faithful to me.


This morning I curled up with Psalm 40.  Wow.  In this year of drought.... a year of trusting and clinging and longing and hoping and trusting and trusting and trusting..... God has, indeed, put a NEW SONG in my heart.  And as He begins to lift us up out of the slimy pit and set my feet on a rock, giving me a firm place to stand, 
I DON'T WANT TO FORGET THAT SONG!  


It makes me think of the Isrealites.  How they cried out to the Lord.... and He answered them and gave all that they needed.  And as the journey got easier for a time.... they forgot.  They forgot what God had done.  


Oh dear Father, don't let me forget what You have done.  
Don't let me forget this "new song in my mouth." (Psalm 40:3)





1 comment: