Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A Bountiful New Year


 My family is in the process of making the annual 
Daddy-Daughter New Year's Day Feast...


 ...stuffing the "baby chickens"


 ... and boiling the greens (everyone's favorite!)


 ...and black-eyed peas!


It's my favorite day of the year because I am not allowed to participate.  
So, I quilt.  (Glory!)

Last year was the year of "New".... and full of "New" it was!  He gave me a "new" appreciation for His plans for each "new" day, a "new" understanding of what it means to truly rest in Him, and a "new" joy in the things that matter most in my life.  I am grateful for all of these "new" truths He has chosen to "SOW" bountifully into my life.

"Sow"

My new word for 2013

"The point is this: whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work."  2 Corinthians 9:6-8


The girls and I have plans for a secret 2013 project and I can't wait!  Looking forward to learning to "sow bountifully" in every area of my life.

Happy New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment