Saturday, August 18, 2012

People Watching...Among Other Things


Woke at 6ish and enjoyed a morning to myself (while everyone snoozed!), which included coffee, Pinterest, and The Word... not necessarily in that order.

Andy woke to take Caroline to her first soccer practice at 9 (She looked so cute in her ponytail, long socks, and cleats...I love little soccer girls!) and I had big plans to sneak off to the fabric store after they left. 

Just before they pulled out, Andy happened to notice a nail in my tire (he has eagle eyes!) and sent me to Sears to get the tire fixed.  Waaaah.


So I sat in the food court at the mall and "people watched" while I waited  on my car.  It was kind of fun.  People watching is always entertaining at the mall.  This one dad came swooping by with his little boy who I could tell needed to get to the bathroom.  Shortly after he had left with him, presumably returning to his shopping, I saw him racing back to the bathroom with the same kid,  holding him up... and out.  Bless.  That was entertaining.  

I left the mall and scooted over to Hancock for a new hexagon template!  Yee haw!  "Thankfully" there was really no time to peruse the fabric, because I had to get home to get Rebecca to her first half-time flag performance.  It was pouring rain when we left the house but when we arrived at the football field, the sun was pouring down.  She was full of smiles and so excited.


I dropped her off and ran to Target where I found a store full of enthusiastic college students and teary mommas and buggies full of all the dorm room essentials.  It was fun to be a part of the frenzy...sort of!

Caroline and I squeaked back into the football field just shy of half-time and enjoyed Rebecca's FABULOUS performance!  (I'm so glad she is getting to have this fun experience with friends.)

And THEN we came home.... and I spent my afternoon at the kitchen table... and all was right with the world.



No comments:

Post a Comment