Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Deep Cleaning


 The girls and I have been doing a "deep cleaning" in the house today.  
Rebecca and I started long before Caroline rose from the bed....she likes a good morning "sleep-in"!  

When she finally joined the land of the living, she snuck into the kitchen. Rebecca and I continued our duties in other parts of the house.  A while later she announced for us to come to the kitchen.  We arrived to three piping hot plates of eggs and cheese and a little side of blueberries.  Rebecca and I smiled, crinkled our noses, and said,  
"Thanks Caroline.  We ate eggs two hours ago.  But we're ready for some more!"

Both girls spent much of the morning making comments like, 
"Oh!  This feels so good!" and "Wow.  That was disgusting."  and "Dead bug!"

It does feel good to wipe away the hidden dust and scrub the baseboards 
and clean out the crevices of this, that, and the other.

Lately, the Lord has been doing alot of that in my soul.  I don't really like it.  
It is easier to keep the dirt hidden, because His scrubbing is painful.  
It hurts.  It smells.  And it's just not fun.

 Create in me a clean heart, O God, And renew a steadfast spirit within me.  Psalm 51:10

Caroline just called from the other room, 
"Hey mom!  The bathrooms are clean.  I'm gonna fold these clothes and I put a new load in the wash and dryer."

I guess that "sleep-in" did her good.



 


No comments:

Post a Comment