Monday, September 26, 2011

Apples and French Braids and Pumpkin Spice Lattes...Naming them one by one.

#501 Fancy Sandwich Night... a new weekly tradition in our home.

#502 Early morning Sunday on the couch with Caroline curled up under quilts with coffee.

#503 Sharing International Coffee (vanilla flavored) like my momma used to share with me

#504 Everyone waking happy and content

#505 Entering the sanctuary to a kind and loving family

#506 Children in worship with pacis and sippy cups hearing God's Word because worship is for whole families

#507 Responding well to my daughter's rebuke (not fun, but a blessing)

#508 Peaceful sleep and waking at 4:45... wee morning hour prayer in the dark

#509 The peace You bring in that dark hour

#510 Your provision even when it doesn't "look" like what I imagined

#511 The way you lift the burden of the day and carry it for me

#512 Monday mornings in third grade and hearing about their weekends
#513 Olivia... always singing loud and with such exuberance!

#514 Word of Your unfailing love (Ps. 103)

#515 Sharing the girls old matching smocked dresses with Britney

#516 The privilege of resting in my role as "wife"

#517 Walking with Nan... sweet fellowship

#518 Putting my Fall bucket on my front door

#519 Dreaming up new quilt ideas
#520 Providing a new home for the Evans in Charlotte... answer to prayer:)

#521 The privilege of spending my days with eight year olds...getting to hear their thoughts and ideas...so precious.

#522 These words.... "I have made you and I will carry you and I will sustain you and I will rescue you." Is. 46:4

#523 Andy doing homework with the girls and finding JOY in it!

#524 All night rain....again.

#525 Mr. Huguet leading worship in chapel


#526 Drive-In Movie Night at the school... such a fun night of community.

#527 Having Gretchen enjoy the night with us.

#528 Saturday morning sleeping in and Timm's Mill grits for breakfast

#529 Car drive to Sky Top Apple Orchard and Andy's Thankful Game

#530 Hot apple donuts...worth every minute of the long wait in line.

#531 Hot caramel dip and apple slushies


#532 Finding the Arkansas Black when we had just about given up... Rebecca's favorite!

#533 Daddy...tossing rotten apples at the one lone Gala apple (his favorite) and all or delight in watching it drop

#534 Tradition and making memories with our family

#535 Caroline's thrill to find out the mommy actually CAN french braid her hair.

#536 An unexpected reunion with the Barbery family, an afternoon of catching up, and watching the kids pick up right where they left off
#537 A Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte on the drive home...ahhhh.

When upon life's billow you are tempest tossed,
When you are discouraged, thinking all is lost,
Count your many blessings, name them one by one,
And it will surprise you what the Lord hath done.
(From the old hymn "Count Your Blessings")




1 comment:

  1. Alisa, I love your list today. I really found it encouraging, especially #510 and #511. Your faith encourages me.

    ReplyDelete