Sunday, January 30, 2011

Pantry Surprise


Just had a hearty laugh in the kitchen with Rebecca. Every once in a while when I clean out my cabinets, I make a concoction called "Pantry Surprise" which includes the leftover chocolate chips/butterscotch chips/white chips (whichever I have!), melted and mixed with the last of the peanut butter in the pantry. I stir in whatever nuts I have leftover, chow mein noodles, rice crispies (or any other last bits of cereal), and marshmallows. I had a handful of Craisins in the cabinet today and, even though I know Rebecca really doesn't care for them (or raisins!), I thought I could hide them in the mix and she would never know. I mushed it all down in a 8x8 lined with wax paper and put it in the fridge to harden. When I pulled it out to cut it into squares, Rebecca showed up in the kitchen. "Oh yea!" she said, "Pantry Surprise!" She then proceeded to scrutinize her square.... "Mother, what is this red thing?" So much for hiding the Craisins!

No comments:

Post a Comment