Thursday, February 14, 2013

LOVE

My momma always said Valentine's Day is a "Hallmark" day.  (A money maker.)  
And that true love is daily.

 
I, myself, am not a fan of $5 cards that someone else wrote.  I cherish my hubby's handwritten thoughts on notebook paper a great deal more. 


 But for the creative soul, this designated "Day of Love" is tremendously fun! 


I am so grateful for a Valentine "I Dig", 
and his soul is sweeter to me with every passing day.  
(I am looking forward to my annual Valentine treat... a clean shaven face!)

 
In this week of happy love and good wishes...


...my tiniest Valentine spent three days on a field trip to the Barrier Islands.

 
 Last night she returned, and I have never been so happy to have her in my arms again.


My oldest Valentine and I had some fun afternoon excursions while lil' sis was gone...

 
...which included a daily trip to Starbucks for their BOGO deals this week!  Fun!

 
I had my annual Valentine Tea Party in third grade.... lovin' on some grandparents and special friends.  (It's one of my favorite holiday traditions.)

 
And today we were invited to celebrate with friends...


 where we played some "Minute to Win it" Valentine games...


 ...and enjoyed the gift of friendship!


 It was a glorious, fun-filled time!


A JOY-MAKING day, indeed.

 

"And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God."  Ephesians 3:18-19

 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like y'all had a blast! I really like the bushel and a peck picture. Cute:)

    ReplyDelete